[FC] Need some expert help

Mon Sep 1 12:59:01 2003

Hey All.  I need some help with a transmission.  I have an aluminum cased 3
speed with the short output shaft.  I know that they are perculiar to 60
models.  However, on checking this one, everything matches and looks right
except the casting number on the side.  The Primer says the right number is
6256685.  Mine says 6256675.  It is a 3 speed, aluminum cased, with a stamped
steel cover, short output shaft and the input shaft is 21 3/4 inches long.
Any ideas, comments, suggestions, is this perhaps a real early 60, or what?
Would appreciate any comments.  Thanks  Bob Bauer