[FC] Alternater rating

TiM M corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Dec 9 16:44:02 2004

I just got the new charger installed in my electric
rampside, I can now charge at the public charging
stations.... The down side is the new charger charges
the main pack only, not the 12V like the old charger
did. For now I'll be charging it separately at home
with a regular battery charger. I'm planning on adding
a DC to DC converter which acts as a electronic
alternator. I need to know how many amps the truck
draws. I could get a big ammeter on the 12V line and
turn on the blinkers, the brake lights the high beams
and the wipers and see what the draw is... but I
figured it would be easier to ask what the rating of
the original alternator was...

Thanks,

TiM McCann
'61 Electric Rampside