[FC] Gas Gauge Problem

Donald Ralph corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon May 17 16:28:00 2004

Hi All,

I have never had a problem in the past with my fuel gauge, but after
reintalling it in the fuel tank it now reads past the full mark.  When I
first put in five gallons of gas it read correctly, a little over one forth.
Today when I checked it reads past the full mark.  Do I have a bad
connection or a poor ground?  Or did the sender go bad?  Looking at the shop
manual it says to check the spanner nut on the plug receptical for
tightness, which I did not do.  Before I remove the fuel tank again, I would
like your opinions as to what to look for.

Thanks,  Don
'64 Greenbrier.