[FC] Gas Gauge Problem

Aaron Walker corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon May 17 22:30:01 2004

My gas gauge read above full at all times the ignition was in the run
position. If I turned it off, it would read empty, but whenever it was
in run, it would read totally pegged out full. Turned out to be a poor
ground. Make sure that your tank's sender is grounded and see what it
reads then. Don't count on your tank straps to maintain electrical
contact, either, that caused me to have a fascinating "intermittent
function fuel level device" for a couple weeks.

Aaron Walker
1963 Monza 900
1962 Greenbrier 80hp/4sp

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of Donald Ralph
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 1:43 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: [FC] Gas Gauge Problem

Hi All,

I have never had a problem in the past with my fuel gauge, but after
reintalling it in the fuel tank it now reads past the full mark.  When I
first put in five gallons of gas it read correctly, a little over one
forth.
Today when I checked it reads past the full mark.  Do I have a bad
connection or a poor ground?  Or did the sender go bad?  Looking at the
shop
manual it says to check the spanner nut on the plug receptical for
tightness, which I did not do.  Before I remove the fuel tank again, I
would
like your opinions as to what to look for.

Thanks,  Don
'64 Greenbrier.