[FC] Re: clutch/diff

galaxyflyer1 corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Sep 7 00:34:00 2004

Is there really a wide problem with clutch chatter?
When I first picked up my Brier it too had chatter but
I thought it was because of oil leaking on it. I was
able to burn it off by staying stationary (against the
curb) and slipping it. Anyway, I had to drop the
engine for rebuild and which I then purchased a
rebuilt clutch and pressure plate from the Corvair
Doctor. I also switched to a 3:27 ring and pinion gear
instead of the 3:89. I think 3:50 would have been
better though. I don't think that the gearing has
anything to do with chatter?, but it might interest
you. After all that, I am completely chatter free.
Good Luck,
Bob.
63 Greenbrier 110 4spd.