[FC] Jean Crosley / photos/ and more

Sat Sep 18 21:45:01 2004

       Hey folks,I met Jean Crosley today at the show in Indianapolis and got
to see and photograph her Greenbrier with prototype seat and also saw her
tiny Allen car. Ok,Ok Im just kidding. I know its Jean Allen and her tiny car
is
a Crosley:-) Just pullin yer legs! Jean got a kick out of that too. She was
very cooperative and let me climb all thru her van to get the shots I needed.
It
was greatly appreciated.
       I wrote down the measurements since Jean wasnt by the van most of the
day and it was too hard to try and hold a tape measure in place and get decent
photos at the same time. The sun was giving off some nasty shadows also.
       Photos will be available soon so when you email me requesting them let
me know if you can open a zip file or not. Please dont tie up the site by
requesting photos here, just email me direct at Econousaparts@aol.com and I ll
forward them along. Zip files are much quicker for me to send so that helps a
lot.
       I looked over Jeans van very closely to compare it to my own. I also
got pics of the zerk fittings the prior owner installed on the cargo door
hinges. That was kind of a neat addition. No more squeaky hinges.
       Jean also pointed out the rear door hinges on hers had the "stop"
built into the hinges so the rubber bumper wasnt necessary on the body. Her
side
doors however have the rubber bumpers since the hinges arent like the rear
ones. Im wondering if I can use those type hinges off another junk door to
install
on my existing doors in place of mine on my 63 van so I can eliminate the
"rubber baby buggy bumpers" all together on both the side and rear doors. This
would give the van a much sleeker,cleaner look style wise and be one less
piece,actually 4 less pieces,to have to polish around. Has anyone ever done
this
before?

                                                       Tim in Ky
                                                Econo USA Parts
                                 Your used 61-67 Econoline parts source
                               Constantly parting out E100 vans and trucks
                                            A100 parts also available

                                                  Ebay Falcon1966