[FC] Re: bucket seats help again

Vern McIntosh corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Sep 19 13:40:01 2004

Tim & list,

The person with the seats and an 8-door van is probably Herb Martin of
Crabtree, Oregon, he has an amazing number of FC vehicles, components and
parts. From a recent Corvan Antics, his number is 541-967-9013.

As for the small seats, it is easy to make them by cutting down a full-width
seat, there is no discernable difference except for a piece added to the
"inside" edge of the seat bottom in order to allow the cover to form a skirt
on that side. BTDT.

Clarks makes/sells covers for the narrow seats. IMHO, the right seat flip-up
feature is pretty useless (not to mention unsafe) unless you want to be
original. I've replaced the 'hinge' hardware with regular adjustable tracks.

The rear door hinges with the built-in stops were standard for '64-'65
models (but my very-early-production '64 Corvan doesn't have them). I think
if you compare the side and rear hinges you will notice pretty significant
differences in the size-length-width. It looks like you could, however, add
the stops to the side hinges. Maybe I'll try it.

Vern McIntosh
Bend, Oregon

'64 Corvan       daily driver
'64 Rampside   personal driver