[FC] RE: <VV> do-it-yourself alignments

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Thu Apr 14 07:27:13 EDT 2005

While have never SET alignment using do-it-yourself techniques, I have
MEASURED alignments with my own in-garage techniques, and from this acquired
confidence that I COULD produce a perfectly serviceable alignment with my
own instruments.
     These (one for toe-in, another for camber) I purchased from Harbor
Freight for a total of about $50. I have heard from others that most of an
alignment can be done or confirmed BY EYE where a flat surface is available
for the vehicle with a lot of clear space around it and good light. I'm
inclined to believe that, too.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C