[FC] dual exhaust

Timothy T Werner wern3 at juno.com
Thu Dec 8 11:06:35 EST 2005

Jim;- I did anticipate this dual exhaust conversion early on, so i
fabricated a "box" under the battery box to house the new muffler and
copied the shape and dimensions of the space on the pass.side. (I had to
replace that area too) The sides and floor of the original battery box
were completely gone save a little of the "L" brackets that once held the
battery tray. I guess I need to know what type of muffler will fit the U-
pipes?? A second round unit like on the rt. side? the bottoms of the rear
quarter panel and the rear valence panel are pretty much cancered away so
it will be nothing to build in a notch for the exhaust pipe tip on the
left side too. Why is theU- pipe angle wrong? does it need to bend up or
down?