[FC] Screw for rear air outlet grille

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sun Dec 18 16:56:18 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm doing some research on these grilles. They exist on some years and
models of FCs at the rear of the engine, below the bumper.

If your rig has one of these grilles, could you please look at the six
screws that hold it in? They should all be the same. I think they are hex
head without a screwdriver slot.

If the screws in your grille appear to be original, I would appreciate you
removing one of them and sending me the following info (or send to the list
so that others don't duplicate):

1) Type of screw (I'm pretty sure they are sheet metal)
2) Size of head (5/16", 3/8", etc.)
3) Size of screw body (#8, #10, #12, etc.)
4) Length of screw (measured from underside of head to pointed tip)
5) Anything else notable, like if they are self-drilling

Thanks,

--Kent