[FC] Just a few questions

Clark Hartzel corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Jan 23 17:56:01 2005

Scott, remember a hi-stall converter is mainly for drag racing to get the
RPM higher for the launch off the starting line.  It will slip more at lower
speeds and probably cost you some gas mileage, if that is a concern.
Clark Hartzel, putting a HI-stall converter in a drag buggy

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of scott morehead
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2005 10:32 AM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: [FC] Just a few questions

Hello,

I'm getting ready to do a few changes to the drivetrain of my rampside and
have recently read and spoken to some folks that have prompted additional
questions.

I was going to install an automatic with a stall torque converter and a
110hp with 060 pistons, otto cam and other mods.  I heard, with the 060
pistons I WILL run into cooling problems?  Anyone else have troubles of this
nature in an FC.

Will I need to make any changes to the motor mount when putting in a 110hp,
perhaps use the 110 motor mount and drill and thread additional mounting
holes or ?

If I decide to keep the manual tranny and install the 110hp will the same
input shaft work or will I need another donor shaft.

Any differences in the tranny and rearend of a 61 and a 64 FC (64 being
better)?

thanks in advance

--