[FC] STarting out for Portland on Saturday....

Shaun shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 23 10:37:43 EDT 2005

Merv, just do a cold adjustment once. Any residual clacking will go away.
You've just learned why not to do a running adjustment.<G>
Are you sure it's gear oil? You may have installed the snout with no sealer.
It's not a bad idea to put a little sealer on the outside of the shaft seal
when you put it in, and a little grease on the lips. Did you do those? Also,
make sure you've got the '64 seal, 60-63 are smaller and would burn out on
the bigger shaft.
The snout was cracked? I'd be asking myself WHY would a 20,000mi. engine
have been removed before, especially without removing the drivetrain with
it? That's how snouts get cracked.
I saw the car before you bought it and there's no doubt it is a 20,000mi.
car. The engine looked original too, 95hp if I remember correctly.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun