[FC] FC Engine Seal

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Wed May 25 19:12:28 EDT 2005

westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca writes:
It's my understanding that there is a VW engine seal that is a great
replacement for the stock EM corvair part(s).  Of course, not having owned
an FC until recently, I never paid much attention as to what VW it was
originally from.  Anybody know what I should be asking for at the local
veedub parts store?

Regards,
Joel

Joel,
Yes there is a VW truck engine seal that works great in all Corvairs, all
years.  It does work best in an early or FC.  I have used it several times.  Just
go to your local VW repair or parts garage and ask for the "H" shaped foam,
engine compartmrnt seal.  It comes in a roll that is just long enough to do a
Corvair.  Plan your cuts ahead, cut at a 45 degree angle, and install the fron
one first.  Then the two sides and the rear last.  I've found that this works
best.  Cut with a new razer blade or box cutter blade.  Install with the
shinny side up for best oil resistance.

Ed Corson (CORSA member)
Inland Empire Corvair Club