[FC] vacuum advance question

aircooled6 at prodigy.net aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Sun Dec 10 11:53:48 EST 2006

I had that symptom on a "rebuilt" distributor.  As Bob Helt has
already mentioned--the advance weights under the points plate are in
backwards which causes them to do the opposite of what they are
supposed to do.   If you have another distributor, youll be able to
see the difference when you open them up.  Move the weights to the
opposite sides, reinstall the springs and it should work properly.

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX