[FC] vacuum advance question

James Davis jld at wk.net
Sun Dec 10 12:48:40 EST 2006

Easily checked.  With the cap off the distributor, try to turn the
rotor clockwise.  If it turns about 10 degrees good; if not bad.  Now
try to turn it counterclockwise.  If it turns more than teensy bit -
that's bad.  Actually you should not be able to turn it
counterclockwise, at all, but slop in the old gears and thrust washer
as well as weak springs may allow a little movement.
Jim Davis