[FC] FC towbar

Ben's Bus bensbus at paonline.com
Sat Jan 21 10:02:41 EST 2006

You want a hitch installed to your Rampside. You can either get a bumper
mount hitch (I believe Clark's sells these) or have one made. I had two
made, one for each FC, using a 1 1/4" receiver taken from junked mini vans.
We cut off the ends, then made stout metal plates with holes in them that
correspond with the rear bumper mounting bolts each side of the engine in
the rear. Remove the bolts, slide the new hitch into place, and replace the
bolts. You might need to get some new grade 5 or 8 bolts if more thread
length is required. I just used my hitch yesterday to tow a utility trailer
loaded with set pieces I borrowed from the local university for my high
school's musical. BTW, the truck is loaded, too. It made quite a sight on
the highway!

Ben