[FC] fired up the 64 seeeeedan tonight....

Merv Krull krupross at sunwave.net
Thu May 4 01:55:36 EDT 2006

Hi all!

I decided it was time to get er done, so I did.

I pulled the air cleaner and the tube kinda thing that distributes clean air to the two carbs so I could pour some gas in them.

Then I noticed the fuel filter had a few drops of gas visible and decided to just give it a whirl and allow the oil pressure to come up a bit before there was any chance of fire in the hole.

Cranked it about 30 seconds. The pressure light went off.

I jumped out and took another look at the fuel filter and saw that it was now full.

OK!

I pulled on the accelerator link a few times until I was sure I heard gas squirting in the carbs.

Opened the chokes and sure enough it was wet.

Cranked the starter again and yahoo! The beautiful clackity clack of a bled down valve train which was totally expected. (You may recall I was concerned last fall the last time I drove it, the clacking was pretty noticeable)

A couple of minutes of delicate feathering of the throttle to keep it running and son of a gun, the whole thing quieted down and started acting decent.

Put the new license tag on the plate and went for a drive to the gas station to check the air in the tires. By the time I got back, old Cortes was running smooth and strong....

Happy in Salmon Arm, BC!
toodles
Merv Krull
Still putting the 62 Greenbrier back together.