[FC] fuel pump plug

Wild8bill at aol.com Wild8bill at aol.com
Thu Sep 21 23:11:50 EDT 2006

I took off the tired mechanical fuel pump and installed an electric. I
ordered the fuel pump plug from a major parts place, but it didn't come with any
instructions; and I wouldn't think it would need any. However, once I installed
 it, I get a loud clicking noise, obviously from the old fuel pump rod or
lever  or whatever it is hitting the plug. I tried pulling it out, but it seems
to be  attached. Do I even need to remove it? And if so, has anyone done it
before? Or  should I mill out the center of the plug so that the rod can't reach
it?

Bill
'61 rampside
'63 greenbrier