[FC] Trans differences

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 08:54:12 EDT 2007

 ??? I have to sort of disagree here on a few things. There were differences in PG transmissions but the differences were from the early to late trans. The only difference in the late PG trans and the late PG 140 trans is the governor. The governor would let the engine rev to a higher RPM before it let it shift out of low.
??? This is all coupled with how the throttle valve and the vacuum modulator are working in the system. These all work together not separately for the trans to shift at it's proper point.
??? I have to reference a very good PG trans article in the Communique some time back. If you want to know the ins and outs, look up the article.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com