[FC] garrys 140

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Tue May 1 13:36:03 EDT 2007

Garry
Your problem sounds exactly like one I had with my 110.
If you do a  compression test you will probably find a dropped intake seat in #2. I had various mechanics do all kinds of tune- ups & tests on mine until I located the problem in my driveway with a compression tester. In my case I was lucky to be able to locate a set of NOS heads, and swap them out.
You should be able to get yours rebuilt if you do not have a set available. While at it take the opportunity to de- flash the heads real good, maybe use a thicker head gasket to lower C.R. a bit.
Good luck
Tim
'61 Rampy (140) in group red