[FC] Garrys 140

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Wed May 2 14:33:33 EDT 2007

Garry
I noticed that my symptoms were only after the motor was warmed up. It would literally run fine for 5 miles and then start with the symptoms you described. This went on for a couple years until finally it stuck open and that is when I discovered the answer.
One other thing. You mentioned that the vacuum pull - off was snapping back and forth on one side. I had an experience with a 140 that had been in storage for 10 years that had the saem thing once I got it running. it was on the left (even) bank. I assumed it was a sticky valve, so i got the motor warm, then had afreind rev it up while slowly pouring ATF into the carb. Problem solved. The car ran very welkl until i sold it, That engine is the one that sold me on 140's what a great motor!
Tim