[FC] FC wheels and tires

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Nov 8 22:11:52 EST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007, at 10:26 PM, Andrew Sego wrote:

> What size custom wheels fit FC's?  Stock is 14x5 IIRC.  Would a
> 14x6 or 14x7 fit?  If so what backspacing works?

Use the stock backspace with 14" wheels, as the tie rod will hit ones
that have more backspace.  I'd also suggest using 14x6, rather than
14x7.

> I am not opposed to 15" wheels either.  I'm not looing for huge
> wheels just something nice looking that fills the wheel well a
> little better.  I've found a couple places online that tell what
> size fits the cars, but none for FC's.  Anyone know of one?

Just use a 15x6 with stock backspace.  The larger diameter may clear
the tie rod if you really want wider wheels, but unless you go wider
than a 225 you don't need them.

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa