[FC] Corvair 65 Car Rear Suspension On A FC Will It Work!

thomas gwyther gwyth at sisna.com
Wed Apr 2 14:51:37 EDT 2008

SNIPED AS NEEDED

From: "Keith Hammett" <keith.hammett at stainlessfab.com>
To: <corvanatics at corvair.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: [FC] Corvair 65 Car Rear Suspension On A FC Will It Work!

> Point 1 - doesn't Clark's now make new bearings for the FC (C6687V
> page167)?

There have been repos before most didnt work right

> Point 2 - why can't you run disk brakes on the FC rear suspension?

Swing axle, mounting point for caliper wouldnt move with the rotor.

> Point 3 - Air bags are not part of the LM suspension?

Wheels on the late model move vertically when raised or lowered.
They dont tuck in or out like swing axles do.

> Point 4 - better because you went to late model car suspension, air
> bags, or disk brakes?

All of the above! If the wheels can be kept closer to vertacal at all times
it will handle better.