[FC] electrical gremlin

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Tue Dec 23 13:04:30 EST 2008

OK, I have a possibly self - inflicted electrical problem. After reassembly of my '61 Rampy I installed a battery and made the usual checks. I noted that all turn signals,headlights domelight, taillights,and heater fan and wipers all worked. Then I installed an additional instrument set obtained  from our east coast Corvair parts vendor consisting of electrical volt guage an oil - pressure guage and oil temp guage. With them installed I now note that the headlights no longer come on, and the "right turn"  green arrow on the dash stays illumintaed (with no signalling taking place) unless I signal "left turn", at which point the left side signal flashes and I can hera the flasher working. I do not see a fuse for the headlights in the fusebox.
An Ideas on how to proceed to diagnose?
Thanks
Tim W '61 Rampy licensed and only needing a windshield from Santa.