[FC] RE FC Engine Cover

TiM M mr_tim34 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 18:18:55 EST 2008

I used SS button head allen cap screws. When I bought mine it didn't have any screws or bolts in it. I don't remember the actual size I used, but I did run a tap through the holes before I put the screws in. You can get them at:

http://www.mcmaster.com/

The part number that I think I used is Part Number:  92949A578

If you put that number in the search box you'll see what the head looks like. I don't think it looks all that different from the clutch heads and it gives you a more or less smooth surface to slide over instead of hex bolts. While you're at it check out the smaller counter sunk SS screws with the counter sunk washers. I replaced the inside the bed side panel  fasteners as well as the in the cab door hardware with these. I think it looks pretty nice for not so much $$. I can UL some pictures if any one in interested. It's not stock, but them my rampside doesn't have an engine any more either ;-)

TiM

'61 Electric Rampside