[FC] tank removal

The Kidds takidd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 13:57:01 EST 2008

I should have clarified my question a bit more.  I have always found it
alot easier to re&re a LM tank with the crossmember out as I was never
able to tighten the hose clamps on the fill neck with the tank and
crossmember in.  I always found my arms too short and fat to fit in
there.  The GB looks a little easier as all the tubes are exposed in the
wheel well.   I do have a 65 with a 4 speed.  Should the tank come out
towards the front or the rear of the van or will this all be self
explanatory when I get the straps undone.

Someone has gone offroading at some point and the tank is caved in at
the spot where the shifter goes through the tank.  It doesn't affect the
shifter but the tank is always reading full