[FC] Couple of questions

The Kidds takidd at gmail.com
Sat May 31 22:43:37 EDT 2008

Could someone tell me the correct direction for the steel vent plate
that is under the fan cover?  I was getting a large amount of oil out
the the top cover and the pcv pipes and took it apart today to take a
look at the gasket.  The gasket was leaking so thats an easy fix but the
there was a tremendous amount of oil between the vent plate and the top
cover.  It was installed with the opening in the slots facing the
passenger side of the engine.  I have looked in the tech guide and the
service manuals but cant find a picture or description that clearly
shows the proper direction.  I will be fitting the vent plate inside the
top cover as detailed in the tech guide but want to get the direction
correct to avoid the oil in the top cover as detailed in the guide.

The other question concerns the rear U-Joints on an FC.  Are they a
standard GM part?  One of mine is starting to make noises and would like
to change it before it grinds itself to death.