[FC] FC wheel rims

rmoulton at email.arizona.edu rmoulton at email.arizona.edu
Wed Sep 17 16:32:56 EDT 2008

Well I ended up putting four new tires on the van. The one 195/75R14 was in
pretty  sad shape as well. I went w/ 205/75R14's from Discount Tire. They were
as amused as I by the condition on the 2 bias ply tires. I am going to trailer
the vehicle back this next weekend.

The big question now is the transmission. I'm not sure if it's a 3 or 4 spd. The
original owner had no idea. Reverse is low and to the left and 1st is high and
to the left, so I thought it was a 3 speed at first. Then when cleaning up the
dash I noticed the speedo had the shift points indicated as if it was a 4 spd.
I suppose the original trans could have been switched out, but I doubt it as
the van seems fairly original. What's the shift patterns look like for these 2
transmissions?

Bob