[FC] One less Rampy - noisy engine

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 24 13:49:57 EDT 2009

>i am having issues with the all new valve train that  i never
>had  before.  seems noisy even after double checking valve adjustment.  i
>drove it , rechecked , drove it and i am still not happy with the sounds  yet.

you are familiar with the "bad lifter" problem of a couple years ago
that was simultaneous with the ILSAC GF-4 (low zinc) oil introduction --
there was an article detailing some of the issues at
http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/flat_tappet_cam_tech/index ,
but that appears to have left the ether vacant, so I've attached a copy
for Tim (it will be stripped for the list).

I, too, have one of the universal replacement blocks -- stamped with
what would appear to be a date - 090685, but knowing nothing of it's
origins, I don't know what such a stamp would mean, other than that was
probably the date it was stamped.

Bill Strickland