[FC] Rear shock absorbers

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 19 15:20:16 EDT 2009

Hi guys.

   I bought, recently, a pair of rear shock absorbers thru Ebay. They are supposedly Gabriel's especific for rear FCs application but, the real concern is about dimensions. They are 14" extended length (base to base) and for 2 5/8" center-to-center bolt spacing (like early cars) at lower base instead of 2 7/8".

   Per Bob Helt's book (the Classic Corvair) the extended lenght should be 13 1/4" but, haven't an OEM to check it.

The new "Gabriel" shocks are marked 739099  and 759073.

   The seller told me that those ones are what Gabriel's catalog shows for FCs rear.

What do you think about ?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Daniel Monasterio