[FC] Now what?

Steve Turner imakarknut at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 07:21:45 EDT 2010

Hi gang;  Yesterday I took the '61 Rampside out for a spin of about 12 miles
each way.  After about 6 miles the truck 'shut down', meaning the car lost power
and the idiot lights came on.  It wouldn't accelerate even when I down shifted.
Then after slowing from 50 to around 30 mph it restarted and off I went, only to
repeat this pattern often in the next 6 miles.  Finally, it straightened out and
I drove the last 1 mile with no symptoms.  Once at the destination, I looked
into the engine and checked the battery.  The negative battery cable seemed to
be loose so I tightened it before allowing the engine to cool down before
heading back home the same 12 miles.  Again, after about 6 miles the process
returned.  Each time the engine quit completely, I was able to simple turn the
ignition key and it would restart with no problem.  Again, the last 1 mile I
drove along with no problems.  I'm thinking of a faulty fuel pump but before
switching it out I thought I would check with you experts.  What am I missing?
Steve  Thanks for the help!