[FC] Tires that i have on rampy

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Dec 15 16:38:58 EST 2010

my rampy has 205X70 R 14 cooper trend setters on it for now , @25,000 miles
 on them. this is with a 3:55 differential and powerglide with who knows
what HP  164CU in motor.
i have a new set of 195X70 R 14 jap fancy tires being mounted as we speak
to use with a 3:27 diff i hope to install this winter along with my latest
creation of a motor.
i run about 35lbs air in the rear and 28 in front so far. i have carried
many heavy objects with this setup , including @150 gallons of gas for the
boat  , or 1500 lbs of lead for fishing shops in Oswego about 35 miles away.
rides  like a baby carriage when loaded that heavy , but handles fine.
whatever i do  not use on  it will go on the "crampside" project. all wheels are
older  olds rally wheels.     205 clearances on mine are ok.
hope this helps,
regards, tim colson