[FC] 'late FC front throttle mount repair

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Feb 23 16:09:59 EST 2010

i had to repair one by roughing up the inside (sandblasted it ) then resin
and cloth. worked fine.  found out that you need to either cut the carpet
out around it , or not tighten it toooo much!
regards, tim colson

phantomramp at live.com writes:

I have a  '65 Greenbrier (non deluxe, pg) and my Father has 2 '65
Greenbriers both  deluxe 1 of them an 8 door.

I like the improvements to the late FCs  (alternator, air door behind the
front grill, new style shifter, improved turn  signals).

I just had some trouble with my throttle mount on the front  floorboards
(plastic cracked).
There are no new  ones to be found, I  had to borrow parts from my father.
I am planning on making the part in steel  if anyone else is interested.

Thomas  Gwyther