[FC] Alternator -- One-Wire, again

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Feb 24 04:44:41 EST 2010

one wire gm alternators i had on my boat were 140 amp with a module plugged
 on the regulator terminals. any accurate indication of output has to be
done  with a sensor at the output terminal (on boat it was over 40 ft away so
they  have a sample resistor that the gauge reads across) or a gauge in
series to read  current , and i like a voltmeter online also..a good electrical
shop can do this  for you or sell you parts very reasonably priced. mine
were under $100 each  complete , then i changed the fronts to corvair.this was
about 10 or so years  ago in syracuse area. i will check when i get time to
get updated on price and  availability here.
the alternators on my stuff are NOT one wire , just internal regulated.
they work fine , make lots of amps at lower RPM's etc etc.
 there is tons of imfo online and in the tech guide guys!
regards, tim colson.