[FC] 62 Greenbrier axles

RON BLOOM bloomaz at msn.com
Wed Jan 13 23:42:09 EST 2010

From: bloomaz at msn.com
To: corvanatics at corvair.org
Subject: 62 Greenbrier axles
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:35:52 -0700

 Good afternoon everyone
I have a 62 Greenbrier that had a 4 sp. I put a P G in and it runs great. The problem I have is the both axles are rubbing the the top of the back plates. There also seems to be a larger gap at the bottom of the drum then at the top [\ I used the same axles etc. What I have done is put on 4 washers on the studs before installing both axles. That took care of the rubbing and the grinding. So a couple of things, one what caused it to grind, and two, will the washers hurt anything the way it is?

Any body out there ever experiance this? Any ideas?

Thanks
Ron
Tucson, az