[FC] brakes line

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Mon Jan 18 09:07:37 EST 2010

Bill
I finished my '61 last year and had a terrible time getting that front brake line replaced. I attempted to replace by buying straight lines and then cutting and bending to fit. That was a total failure after making 2 of the units and neither would seal. The shape of the line and its path through the front suspension is a tortured route. Take it from me and buy clarkes pre- bent line, you won't regret it and while you are at it I would replace the whole system including the master cylinder. Many of those parts are 40 years old, and you are contributing the labor (which is more than half the cost of a brake job) so I always advise using new parts as much as possible. Good luck!!
Tim W '61 Rampy