[FC] 8 vs 12 Plate Oil Cooler Question!!

James Davis jld at wk.net
Mon Oct 18 21:39:20 EDT 2010

 From Bob Helt's book "change from 8 plate to 12 plate cooler -18
degrees in oil temp on a 100 degree at 80 mph".   Side shields on the 12
plate -7 degrees under the same conditions.   If you are worried about
oil temperature, two folded fins or 8 plates will fit in the stock
location if the top cover and lower air door surround is modified to
fit.   There is a tech tip to that effect published in the mid 90's if
my memory is ....
Jim Davis

.