[FC] Front suspension differences

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Tue Sep 7 09:21:10 EDT 2010

Hi Andrew,

The only one I can partially? answer is the hole in the gas tank. Late '63
was the change-over. I don't know of which cross member you speak of. I do
know the cross member? behind the gas tank on a hole-in-the tank shifter FC
is notched. You could easily change that or modify the earlier one.
Advantage? I personally like the later shifter. Much more positive.
Disadvantage of later tanks? I understand they can rust thru in tube that
shift tube goes thru.
C10? Have no clue. Someone can correct me, but I "think" the front
suspension is of different years. The spindles I believe are around
full-zise Chebbie 60-61, while the Tech guide had a ball joint that could be
modified from another year GM to fix the boomerang. I haven't really looked
into the spindles., etc.

BTW, DO NOT THROW AWAY A BAD  BOOMERANG.  They can be repaired as the Tech
Guide says

OR,  I will pay shipping on any cores, so I can build up a small supply of
repaired ones, offered in exchange. Pls. email me off-line.

Chuck Sadek
Vair Fabrication Associates
Mostly performance parts but other machining, welding and fab jobs.
540 891 9466