[FC] diff. rebuild

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Thu Apr 14 12:01:18 EDT 2011

O.K. so it looks like the whole powertrain is coming out in order to fix this.It has been 10 years since I took one of these differentials apart, and I cannot recall how the parts fit inside the case that well. So is the worn part the actual diff case itself, or is it those side bearing adjusting sleeves?  If memory serves, In order to remove the ring gear and pinion shaft I will also need to separate the transmission from the diff case right?Tim '61 rampy 140 4 - spd.