[FC] brake question

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Tue Dec 27 09:10:04 EST 2011

I inspected the underside of Rampy while I was working on the alternator issue. I noticed that the front brake hoses were getting frayed. Upon inspection I saw that the tires ( stock 14 truck tires on original steelies) rubbed the brake hose when the wheel was at extreme lock. My question, then, is did Chevy originally have wires that held the hose away from the wheels? Right now I am temporarily  using nylon zip ties but I am in need of something permanent.ThanksTim Werner '61 Rampy 140 4 spd