[FC] '61 Rampside

Edwin Kelly hearse85caddy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 18:01:19 EST 2011

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a '61 rampside and I need some advice. I am
by no means new to corvairs, but up to now I've only worked on lates
('65-'69).  My truck was originally equipped with a four speed and
whatever the FC 4 speed engine was. It now has a 110 from a '64 car
and a 3 speed with 3:89 gears and what appears to be the incorrect
engine mount (the engine is not square in the engine bay). The engine
runs but is quite tired, and the trans axle is of unknown condition.
Therefore, I am looking to other areas for power and propulsion.

I have a '66 convertible with a nice 110 and 4 speed with 3:55 gears;
both of which i know are excellent. Here is the question: How do I
make my late drivetrain work in my FC?  Do I need an FC rear engine
mount or a early car mount or something else? What about the
speedo-cable?  Would it be easier if i just located another early
trans-axle?

Not to make this post any longer but I would appreciate any insight on
my paint/trim numbers. They are::::  Trim: 431A  Paint: 7-40G

Thanks everybody!
--
E. Glenn Kelly III
Hearse85Caddy at gmail.com