[FC] front accelerator linkage

Steven R. Spilatro spilatrs at marietta.edu
Mon Sep 26 09:19:18 EDT 2011

Thanks to Tim and Ken; the advice and picture were really helpful.  I
had had a problem in the past with the felt washer sticker -- has to
carefully cut it loose on both sides, and inserted new plastic
washers from Clarks.  I had also found that the bracket to which the
accelerator cable connected had been bent and modified enough to
strain the movement of the cable, and I had to replace it. Getting
just the right tension on the cable seems to be the challenge.  Does
anyone know if the front spring was discontinued as a stock item in
the FC at some point?
Steve

Dr. Steven R. Spilatro
Department of Biology and Environmental Science
Marietta College