[FC] 140HP aircleaners for FC?

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Fri Dec 20 18:29:59 EST 2013

It may be the older air fliters are restrictive.. they were designed for lo
po engines. Two things. Size of air inlet passages and secondly, air
filters.

How about trying a low profile oval on each side like used on two four bbls.
Small ones. Certainly looking at older small engines of same or larger
displacement ought to give a good idea what is needed.  We need as much flow
per side as a 1.4 L engine has.  If we think of a stock engine today, using
a rectangular type of air filter, perhaps a box off to the side with filter
to each side of engine, or even with one large inlet and two exit tubes to
the "plenums of air cleaners" above the carbs would provide enough air flow.

Chuck S