[FC] diff rebuild

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Thu May 23 08:46:06 EDT 2013

I have my  spare '63 diff taken apart and am cleaning up its' parts & assessing it's condition. It seems very similar to the late model ones I have done before, except for the speedo drive of course. I managed to break that plastic helical drive gear on the end of the speedo drive spindle. I do not see how to remove that assembly from the diff. case once the retaining bolt and steel clip are removed from the outside of the case. Anybody done this? Do I replace the entire spindle assembly or can just the plastic gear be replaced? Thnx TimW '61 Rampy 4 spd. 140