[FC] Springs for "working" Rampside

hank kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sun May 10 00:27:18 EDT 2015

Question for the group.

I’m going to be rebuilding my Rampside to take over as my “working” truck once my F-150 dies---if it ever does. Only have 195K on it now, just about broken in!

Not an “everyday” work Truck, but use for totin’ trash, firewood, beehives.  Any one know how many cubic yards of topsoil a Rampy can handle?

Anyway, Are HD springs worth the expense, or would you think the stock springs with good gas shocks would do the job?  Firewood would be brought down from Boone, NC (about a 10 mile long descent to the piedmont).

Any ideas, impressions, .02’s  And otherwise humble opinions and experience appreciated.

Thanks Hank