[FC] latch

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Sun Oct 29 20:07:18 EDT 2017

Hi FredRe latchI had to re-hang my doors after repairing the steel on the lower half of the door, and working on the window mechanism inside. Getting that oddly-shaped door to fit in that oddly-shaped hole is trying indeed.  A few years ago Cal Clark had the same issue with his Rampy that you and I have.I ended up cutting out a thicker shim from an aluminum "no parking" sign  to the shape of the latch part that attaches to the "B" pillar. I think part of my problem was I installed new black foam-rubber door seals and apparently they are too stiff or thick or both. After much loosening of the door hinges and moving the thing around,  I arrived at the point where the door will "catch" on the first part and then I must place both my hands one on top of the other on  the window-frame 4 inches above the chrome outer door handle and push with increasing force until it "clicks" fully locked - shut. Tricky business!Tim werner  1961 rampy 140 4-spd