[FC] valve lash

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Mon Oct 30 10:30:37 EDT 2017

Re valve lashI am helping a friend cold- set the valve lash in his 110 motor. The assy manual says to rotate the motor to TDC  on #1 in compression and then gives the procedure on how to adjust the rocker nut. After setting those valves the engine is rotated one complete revolution C.C. and the rest of the valves are set using the same procedure. At one time there was controversy about the order of which valves to set. Are we correct in following the assembly manual? ALSO: looking at the head with the nuts installed you see the 6 valve stems under their rocker arms. As we look at the head is this the correct sequence of these valves going from left to right:......I,E., I.E, I,E.ThanksTim Werner'61 Rampy 140 -4 spd