[SCG] Question about manual convertible tops

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Tue Nov 8 00:28:38 EST 2005

Hi,

Here is a summary of the info Larry C. gave me many years (10?) ago, with
some additions from Mark Corbin, who owns a '67 convertible with its
original decals in place.

1.

	The sticker was used on 1966 and later Willow Run cars. Not enough
info available at this point to speculate on L.A. (or Oshawa) cars yet.
2.

	Two decals per car (one per side).
3.

	Decals are mounted vertically. Cars are documented as having the
decals with the left side of the label mounted down as well as up.
4.

	Location is on first top side rail near the rear quarter glass, 2/3
of the way up its flat surface. You can see the decals when looking straight
back from the driver's seat.
5.

	Top of decal starts somewhere between 1.25 and 2.5 inches from lower
edge of interior side rail arm, based on the examples seen. This arm runs
vertically, like the decal.

As Mark pointed out to me in separate email, the variation of the
orientation and exact mounting location of the decal is no surprise since
they were no doubt affixed in a production line environment--what was
important was getting the decals on, not the details of exactly where or
how.

--Kent

  _____