[SCG] SCG Evaluation

stan east sgeast at interlog.com
Tue Jul 11 21:10:41 EDT 2006

Bill, Larry and Rich's comments are correct.

I also want to remind everyone that not all parts of any Corvair entered
will be evaluated in Buffalo. I have designed the form and its 47 pages
long! No one will be able to document all of any one Corvair in the time
allowed. Each team will be doing a section or sections of a small group of
Corvairs and there will have to be time limits so every Corvair in the group
is evaluated over the same time span. A portion of the SCG Annual Meeting
will be used to explain how to use the form. The form is meant to be used
from year to year at the next Convention(s). I expect from year to year as
Owners attend other Conventions that truly original or fully correct
Corvairs will become fully evaluated however there may be many non-original
Corvairs that have only sections evaluated. The form does allow for
acknowledging whether the evaluation is of unrestored or restored parts.
This is also not a beauty evaluation/contest either we don't care what the
parts look like only that they are the correct one(s).

Dave Ellis the SCG ASCE Chair for Buffalo 2006 and I will probably be asked
a lot of questions. And to reiterate this is not a judged or scored event.
The information is for developing knowledge about what's correct for the
year model and configuration for the SCG and the Owner. If there are awards
it's the intrinsic value the Owner and SCG place on this last statement
only.

We are going to have fun and enjoy looking at, talking about and documenting
each others Corvair in a non-competitive format.

Stan East

SCG Vice President

2006 Convention Secretary

2006 Convention Concours Chair