[SCG] <VV> Suggestion for the Corvair org site

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 11 10:19:59 EST 2008

Would that be a 2-door or 4-door sedan. ALL earlies are sedans. (G)

But seriously, what you propose is what the Stock Corvair Group is all
about. Give them a try.

-Mark

Colorado Front Range [sorry Durango]) when I hit a snag with what I need to
do to finish the parcel shelf. I would like to keep the back reasonably
stock, but was unsure exactly what this area looked like. The previous
owner had cobbled together a combination of cardboard and carpet that was
just not appealing - so it went into the bin. I retired to my modest
collection of Corvair literature, but could not I find the information that
I was looking for. I needed pictures of a "stock" interior showing what the
parcel shelf looked like.

> Now to my suggestion:
>
> More people are starting to restore Corvairs and much of the information
available is questionable at best. We have, however, and untapped wealth of
information in the Corvairs that compete in the concours at the national
meeting. We could collect pictures from the concours cars showing details
that are stock and post the pictures on the corvair.org site under a
category of "Stock is ..." (This title has previously been used, and I
apologize if it sounds like I am plagiarizing it.) Basically, it is a
section that might be organized by categories such as body, engine,
interior, suspension, brakes, and so on with jpegs showing the appropriate
components.

> I realize that this might initially be a bit of work. I am certainly
willing to help in whatever capacity I can. I want to stress that I am not
an expert on what constitutes "stock" on a Corvair, but I can help sort and
organize pictures, or whatever this might take. I think that such a data
base will help record information about our favorite cars and provide a
resource for others contemplating a complete restoration of their car.